Lindau, Germany

Lindau, Germany
Vanessa and I at the Bodensee in Lindau, Germany

Sunday, July 31, 2011

San Clemente mini-holiday

Vanessa and I had the opportunity to take in the cool ocean breezes of San Clemente California last week for a short mini-holiday (3 days).  I can't tell you how refreshing this was, especially for me.  The girls had plans for a vacation in So. California to escape the scorching Oklahoma heat, so we decided, on kind of a whim, to meet them there for a few days. I was in the middle of the eighth course of treatment but felt rejuvenated by the eternal rhythm of the Pacific Ocean, the fresh, cool air and being in the company of those I love. Our souls were refreshed as we soaked up the precious gift of being together in a beautiful setting that reminded us of God's love in creation and His care for us.

While we were enjoying our little sojourn, the boys were at church high school camp in, of all places, Malibu, California.  So the whole family had a little beach time and we all are so grateful for it.  Matt and Clint had a wonderful time of fun, games, playing in the ocean and spiritual development. 

I am currently between treatments awaiting scans this week, Wednesday, August 3rd.  This can be a rather nerve wrecking time as you always wonder if all you go through is having a positive effect on the disease.  Please pray for me as I anticipate the scans, for good results, and for developing a plan for future treatment, which is rather open-ended at this time.  I am scheduled for course nine starting August 9th., which is the same day that I find out the results of the scans.  


I will update this blog after I learn of the results of the scans.  No matter the results I remind myself of a saying that my friend John Maisel always said: life is hard, God is good, and glory is coming.


Grace and Peace to all.


Eddie

.   

No comments:

Post a Comment